DUTIES: Primary service contact with library users during evening and weekend hours
· Charges and discharges library material
· Assesses, collects and records fines for lost books
· Registers new patrons and updates current patron records
· Sends out notices and follows-up on overdue or lost library materials
· Recalls books needed for reserve; places holds
· Communicates with a variety of Graduate Center offices
· Packages books to be returned to other CUNY colleges
· Places materials on reserve
· Helps library users find library material
· Returns reserve items to faculty at the end of each semester
· Maintains order of Reserve collection
REQUIREMENTS: Familiarity with computer applications and software; proficiency with Microsoft Windows desktop. Pleasant manner, good judgment and excellent communication and customer service skills including attention to detail, organizational skills, sound reasoning and judgment. Preference given to those with basic knowledge of library circulation & reserves operations. Familiarity with Library of Congress call number system also preferred.
HOURS: Weekend and evening hours; flexible work schedule
CONTACT: Curtis Matthew, Circulation Manager (x7050).