Adjunct Metadata Librarian
The Mina Rees Library, CUNY Graduate Center seeks an Adjunct Metadata Librarian to work up to 12 hrs/week for a total of 225 hours before January 2013. Weekdays between 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. preferred, 3-4 hours/shift, with some schedule flexibility.
- Catalogs materials in all subjects and formats applying MARC standards
- Using WorldCat and Aleph catalog CUNY+, catalogs library materials in multiple formats, performs original and copy cataloging; adds volumes and replacements; withdraws titles and volumes; may create metadata for digital resources
- Performs database maintenance in CUNY+ to maintain accuracy and consistency of catalog records
- May consult with colleagues locally and nationally regarding cataloging issues and problems
- May participate in the evaluation and development of cataloging policies and procedures
- Consults with library colleagues to resolve problems pertaining to catalog records
- Other related duties as assigned
For appointment at CUNY’s non-teaching adjunct Instructor level an MLS from an ALA-accredited program is required. Excellent organizational skills, accuracy, attention to detail are essential. Strong service orientation and familiarity with media, print and electronic information resources and emerging information technologies required. Prior cataloging experience, familiarity with MARC and library information management systems, especially Aleph, preferred. Salary $38.91 per hour depending on experience and qualifications.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 references to:
Prof. Jane Fitzpatrick
Mina Rees Library, room 2311
365 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10314