The Graduate Center is hiring an Interlibrary Loan Supervisor (see full description on GC HR site)!
Interlibrary Loan Supervisor (Library Specialist)
Higher Education Assistant
Mina Rees Library, The Graduate Center
Closing Date: August 26, 2013
Under the direction of the Head of Library Resource Sharing, manages office staff and workflow for Interlibrary Loan (ILL), an efficient and popular core service (30,000+ transactions per year) that is greatly valued by users for bringing library materials from around the world to the Graduate Center. Performs and delegates work assignments, including the receipt and return of interlibrary loan material, and monitors service quality.
- Oversees and assists with all ILL transactions using several software systems, including ILLiad, OCLC, CUNY+, and WorldCat, in accordance with evolving best practices.
- Trains, schedules, evaluates, and supervises Interlibrary Loan (ILL) staff in all office functions using designated systems and procedures.
- Monitors service activity to assure timely response to all ILL requests, delivery to Graduate Center users, and shipments to borrowing libraries.
- Directs office workflow.
- Collaborates in workflow re-organization, policy development, and implementation of new document delivery software and systems.
- Troubleshoots hardware and software failures.
- Supervises and/or trains staff, students and other assigned to the library.
- Routinely processes all types of lending and borrowing requests.
- Prepares materials for delivery to library users and to borrowing libraries using multiple delivery systems.
- Tracks overdue materials and recalls items from users and borrowing libraries. Traces lost mail.
- Adjudicates problems and complaints resulting from service and staffing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and four years’ related experience required; MLS degree or Master’s in a related field may be substituted for a portion of the experience requirement.
- Experience with library catalogs and databases is preferred.
- Ability to understand service documentation and to master new software and hardware, including statistical software and web applications preferred.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and organizational skills, with a dedication to excellent service strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly on the phone, in person, and via email preferred.
- Ability to set priorities and to work efficiently under pressure with accuracy and attention to detail strongly preferred.
For more information, please see: http://www.gc.cuny.edu/About-the-GC/Resource-Services/Human-Resources/Jobs-at-the-GC/Detail?id=20480