When clicking on Find it! a menu will list full-text links to the Graduate Center library’s full-text resources first, and to print holdings in the CUNY+ catalog. If a citation is unavailable in both, Find it!prompts you to request it through Interlibrary Loan (ILL) and autofills your request form!
Using Worldcat (link contains embedded proxy information for off-campus access) with the Library Toolbar, will enable Find it! to appear when full-text articles and CUNY Books are available or request an Interlibrary loanwhen the Graduate Center and or CUNY does not own the holding.
If not using WorldCat or Google Scholar from the Library website, with our proxy, you must install/use the Library Toolbar to view button to enable citations to point to full-text resources or request ILL. Click here to view an example image.
Or, advanced users, feel free to use the Citation Linking Tool to generate an OpenURL.
Please read the following for more information on setting up and or using:
An Example of Using Find it!
The following procedure of locating a full-text holding using WorldCat is presented to show typical usage of Find it! The same method can be applied to many other databases.
Using WorldCat with Find it!:
1. First access Worldcat. From the databases page, scroll to W:
WorldCat in Database A-Z list
2. Search WorldCat by keyword, author, or title.
3. Find a citation, then look for the Find-it! button and click on it.
Note: Don’t worry if you have not downloaded and installed the Library Toolbar because many databases generate there own version of a Find it! link . For example, WorldCat also displays a Find-it At CUNY link native to and generated by the database itself right above the Find it! image.
Find it! Button (Generated from Library Toolbar)
4. A Find it menu will appear with citation all available holdings options. Holdings can manifest as via multiple e-resources, and print. If holding is not available through the Graduate Center or CUNY, you will be presented with the option to request the item through Interlibrary loan. Other Find It Menu Options allow you to download the record to EndNote or citation to RefWorks.
Find it! menu with various Holdings Options
5. If a book is available in CUNY libraries, request it through CLICS.
6. If item is unavailable in CUNY, follow the Find-it! presents a link to login to your ILLiad account to request an Interlibrary Loan. Follow the link, login to ILLiad and your request for the item is autofilled, then send.
Questions? email email@example.com with the name of the database involved and, if possible, the problematic citation.