Built in 1854 but considerably altered from original design. Owners removed the stoops in favor of basement entrances and changed the top floors and rooflines so that they are no longer uniform. No. 126 was altered in 1941 by architect Stephen L. Heinrich who converted it from a single to multiple-family dwelling. No. 128 was converted to a multiple-family dwelling in 1934 by architect Harry M. Clawson.
Murray Hill Historic District (New York, N.Y.)
Previously known as:
Murray Hill Neighborhood (New York, N.Y.)
The images and information provided in this collection may not be reproduced in any form without permission from the Mina Rees Library, The Graduate Center, City University of New York, except for "fair use" as defined by copyright law.
Rights Management 2:
Image courtesy of the Murray Hill Neighborhood Association.
City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.
Mina Rees Library; City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.