Advanced Search

126-130 East 35th Street, 2008.

All Titles

  • 126-130 East 35th Street, 2008.

Title:

126-130 East 35th Street, 2008.

Format:

1 digital photograph

Date:

2008

Street Address:

126 East 35th Street

Photographer/Artist:

Other Creator:

Description:

126-130 East 35th Street, 2008.

Description continued:

Built in 1854 but considerably altered from original design. Owners removed the stoops in favor of basement entrances and changed the top floors and rooflines so that they are no longer uniform. No. 126 was altered in 1941 by architect Stephen L. Heinrich who converted it from a single to multiple-family dwelling. No. 128 was converted to a multiple-family dwelling in 1934 by architect Harry M. Clawson.

Landmark Name:

Murray Hill Historic District (New York, N.Y.)

Previously known as:

Subjects:

  • Murray Hill Neighborhood (New York, N.Y.)
  • Architecture, Domestic.

Rights Management:

The images and information provided in this collection may not be reproduced in any form without permission from the Mina Rees Library, The Graduate Center, City University of New York, except for "fair use" as defined by copyright law.

Rights Management 2:

Contributing Institution:

City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.

Publisher:

Mina Rees Library; City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.

Geolocation

Thumbnail (Click Image to See Fullsize):

Back to Collection Home

Copyright © 2010 Mina Rees Library - All Rights Reserved

CUNY Graduate Center

Contact Us| 365 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY | (212) 817-7077

Website Problems? Contact Library Webmaster