Land deeded to the Church in 1854; church built 1858 in the Renaissance revival style. In 1866 the building was extended in front. Architects: Charles D. Gambrill and George B. Post. Original front entrance moved to the side as part of renovations done in 1901 by York and Sawyer.
Murray Hill Historic District (New York, N.Y.)
Previously known as:
Murray Hill Neighborhood (New York, N.Y.)
New Church (New York, NY)
New Jerusalem Church.
The images and information provided in this collection may not be reproduced in any form without permission from the Mina Rees Library, The Graduate Center, City University of New York, except for "fair use" as defined by copyright law.
Rights Management 2:
City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.
Mina Rees Library; City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.