Pair of brownstones built 1855-1856 by developer George Lindford ; they originally shared a single cornice. The original iron fence remains. These homes are very similar to the pair of brownstones at No. 113-115. In the early 1950's, writer and editor Frederick Lewis Allen lived in No. 121.
Murray Hill Historic District (New York, N.Y.)
Previously known as:
Murray Hill Neighborhood (New York, N.Y.)
Allen, Frederick Lewis, 1890-1954 -- Homes and haunts.
The images and information provided in this collection may not be reproduced in any form without permission from the Mina Rees Library, The Graduate Center, City University of New York, except for "fair use" as defined by copyright law.
Rights Management 2:
City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.
Mina Rees Library; City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.