23 Park Avenue; NE corner of Park Avenue and E. 35th St. Also known as: 101-103 E. 35th St.
Originally built in 1898 for J. Hampden and Cornelia Van Rensselaer Robb. Architect: Stanford White of McKim, Mead & White. Acquired by the Advertising Club of New York in 1923. The group had the building remodeled by architect Fred F. French, and the club opened in 1924. During repairs following a 1946 fire, the building was expanded to include an adjacent home at 103 E. 35th St. The building is now an apartment house.
(Former) James Hampden and Cornelia Van Rensselaer Robb House
Previously known as:
Advertising Club of New York ; James Hampden and Cornelia Van Rensselaer Robb House
Murray Hill Neighborhood (New York, N.Y.)
Robb, James Hampden -- Homes and haunts.
Robb, Cornelia Van Rensselaer -- Homes and haunts.
Decoration and ornament, Architectural.
Palaces -- Italy -- Influence.
The images and information provided in this collection may not be reproduced in any form without permission from the Mina Rees Library, The Graduate Center, City University of New York, except for "fair use" as defined by copyright law.
Rights Management 2:
City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.
Mina Rees Library; City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.