Second Avenue "El." West side of 36th Street between First and Second Avenues, 1929.
Elevated train lines on Second and Third Avenue. Built in 1878 by the Metropolitan Elevated Railway Co. In the 1930's, owned by the Interborough Rapid Transit Company.
Previously known as:
Murray Hill Neighborhood (New York, N.Y.)
The images and information provided in this collection may not be reproduced in any form without permission from the Mina Rees Library, The Graduate Center, City University of New York, except for "fair use" as defined by copyright law.
Rights Management 2:
Image courtesy of the Murray Hill Neighborhood Association.
City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.
Mina Rees Library; City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.