Madison Avenue entrance to the Morgan Library. Built in 2006. Architect: Renzo Piano. The entrance was added as part of an expansion project which integrated the three existing buildings on the Morgan's campus and added additional exhibition space.
Renzo Piano's design brings together three existing buildings: 1.) The original library building built 1903-1906 ; Architect: Charles McKim of McKim, Meade & White; 2.) The Annex added 1928 on the site of J.P. Morgan's former residence ; Architect: Benjamin W. Morris; 3.) The J. P. Morgan, Jr. House, built in 1852 and later owned by the Lutheran Church in America. It was acquired by the Pierpont Morgan Library in 1988.
Pierpont Morgan Library and Annex
Previously known as:
Murray Hill Neighborhood (New York, N.Y.)
Pierpont Morgan Library.
The images and information provided in this collection may not be reproduced in any form without permission from the Mina Rees Library, The Graduate Center, City University of New York, except for "fair use" as defined by copyright law.
Rights Management 2:
City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.
Mina Rees Library; City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.