Grand Union Hotel, Park Avenue between 41st and 42nd Streets, east side, 1914.
Grand Central Terminal partially visible on the left. Foreground is the Grand Union Hotel; Built: 1872; Razed: 1914; Architect: Edward Schott. The hotel was demolished in 1914 to make way for the Lexington Avenue subway line.
Previously known as:
Murray Hill Neighborhood (New York, N.Y.)
Grand Union Hotel (New York, N.Y.)
Grand Central Terminal (New York, N.Y.)
Park Avenue (New York, N.Y.)
The images and information provided in this collection may not be reproduced in any form without permission from the Mina Rees Library, The Graduate Center, City University of New York, except for "fair use" as defined by copyright law.
Rights Management 2:
Image courtesy of the Murray Hill Neighborhood Association.
City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.
Mina Rees Library; City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.