Advanced Search

Architects Building, 1913.

All Titles

  • Architects Building, 1913.

Title:

Architects Building, 1913.

Format:

1 photographic reproduction ; 23.6 x 19.3 cm.

Date:

1913

Street Address:

101 Park Avenue

Photographer/Artist:

Other Creator:

Description:

Drawing of the Architects Building, northeast corner of Park Avenue and 40th Street, 1913. Grand Central Terminal at the left.

Description continued:

The Architects Building; Built: 1912. Razed: 1979. Architects: Ewing & Chappell and La Farge & Morris. Located at 101 Park Avenue, The Architects Building housed the offices of the city's architectural elite including Kenneth Murchison, Arnold Brunner, and the firm of McKim, Meade & White. The 16 story building was demolished to make way for a 49 story office tower.

Landmark Name:

Previously known as:

Subjects:

  • Murray Hill Neighborhood (New York, N.Y.)
  • Architects Building (New York, N.Y.)
  • Grand Central Terminal (New York, N.Y.)
  • Park Avenue (New York, N.Y.)
  • Street life.

Rights Management:

The images and information provided in this collection may not be reproduced in any form without permission from the Mina Rees Library, The Graduate Center, City University of New York, except for "fair use" as defined by copyright law.

Rights Management 2:

Image courtesy of the Murray Hill Neighborhood Association.

Contributing Institution:

City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.

Publisher:

Mina Rees Library; City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.

Geolocation

This item has no location info associated with it.

Thumbnail (Click Image to See Fullsize):

Back to Collection Home

Copyright © 2010 Mina Rees Library - All Rights Reserved

CUNY Graduate Center

Contact Us| 365 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY | (212) 817-7077

Website Problems? Contact Library Webmaster