Advanced Search

Park Avenue and East 39th Street, 1920's.

All Titles

  • Park Avenue and East 39th Street, 1920's.

Title:

Park Avenue and East 39th Street, 1920's.

Format:

1 photographic reproduction ; 24 x 19.1 cm.

Date:

1920-1929

Street Address:

Park Avenue and East 39th Street

Photographer/Artist:

Other Creator:

Description:

Park Avenue, southwest corner of 39th Street, 1920's.

Description continued:

The Frederick Jennings home. In 1922 the Princeton Club bought the mansion belonging to Jennings, a Princeton alum, and proceeded to renovate and greatly expand it. The club was demolished in 1963 to make way for an office building at 90 Park Avenue.

Landmark Name:

Previously known as:

Subjects:

  • Murray Hill Neighborhood (New York, N.Y.)
  • Park Avenue (New York, N.Y.)
  • Architecture, Domestic.
  • Jennings, Frederick -- Homes and haunts.
  • Princeton Club of New York.

Rights Management:

The images and information provided in this collection may not be reproduced in any form without permission from the Mina Rees Library, The Graduate Center, City University of New York, except for "fair use" as defined by copyright law.

Rights Management 2:

Image courtesy of the Murray Hill Neighborhood Association.

Contributing Institution:

City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.

Publisher:

Mina Rees Library; City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.

Geolocation

Thumbnail (Click Image to See Fullsize):

Back to Collection Home

Copyright © 2010 Mina Rees Library - All Rights Reserved

CUNY Graduate Center

Contact Us| 365 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY | (212) 817-7077

Website Problems? Contact Library Webmaster