St. Gabriel's Church, 300-310 East 37th Street. Built: 1859; Razed: 1939; Architect: Henry Engelbert.
From caption: 308 E. 37th St.; 1-25-1939. The parish of this Roman Catholic church was founded in 1859 but construction of St. Gabriel's was delayed by the Civil War until 1864. It was dedicated in 1865. Nearby St. Gabriel's Park opened in 1904.
Previously known as:
Murray Hill Neighborhood (New York, N.Y.)
St. Gabriel's Church (New York, N.Y.)
The images and information provided in this collection may not be reproduced in any form without permission from the Mina Rees Library, The Graduate Center, City University of New York, except for "fair use" as defined by copyright law.
Rights Management 2:
Image courtesy of the Murray Hill Neighborhood Association.
City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.
Mina Rees Library; City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.