Originally the James F. D. Lanier House. Built 1901-1903 ; Architect: Hoppin & Koen. The 33 foot wide, 3 bay home replaced two earlier brownstone rowhouses. The Beaux Arts mansion was built by James F. D. Lanier, a banker, and his wife, Harriet Bishop Lanier.
James F. D. and Harriet Lanier House.
Previously known as:
Murray Hill Neighborhood (New York, N.Y.)
Lanier, James F. D., 1858-1928 -- Homes and haunts.
Lanier, Harriet Bishop, 1860-1931 -- Homes and haunts.
The images and information provided in this collection may not be reproduced in any form without permission from the Mina Rees Library, The Graduate Center, City University of New York, except for "fair use" as defined by copyright law.
Rights Management 2:
Image courtesy of the Murray Hill Neighborhood Association.
City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.
Mina Rees Library; City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.