118-124 East 36th Street. No. 120 - Former residence of Col. Henry L. Stimson, Secretary of State in President Hoover's Cabinet. 1937.
Group of 4 row houses, 116-122 E. 36th Street; Built: c. 1858; Razed: 1955; Architect: George J. Hamilton. 124 E. 36th Street; Built: 1863. A four-story addition built onto the back of the house: 1885; Architect: John H. Duncan.
Murray Hill Historic District (New York, N.Y.)
Previously known as:
Murray Hill Neighborhood (New York, N.Y.)
Stimson, Henry L. (Henry Lewis), 1867-1950 -- Homes and haunts.
The images and information provided in this collection may not be reproduced in any form without permission from the Mina Rees Library, The Graduate Center, City University of New York, except for "fair use" as defined by copyright law.
Rights Management 2:
Image courtesy of the Murray Hill Neighborhood Association.
City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.
Mina Rees Library; City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.