Church of the Holy Trinity, 42nd Street and Madison Avenue, looking east from Fifth Avenue toward Grand Central Depot, 1890. Written on the photo negative: "Dr. Tyng's Church".
The Episcopal Church of the Holy Trinity; Built: 1874 ; Razed: Date unknown ; Architect: Leopold Eidlitz. The church was built by a parish founded in 1864 by Stephen H. Tyng. In 1895 the church merged with St. James Church and the building was sold.
Previously known as:
Murray Hill Neighborhood (New York, N.Y.)
Forty-second Street (New York, N.Y.)
Church of the Holy Trinity (New York, N.Y. : Episcopal)
Grand Central Terminal (New York, N.Y.)
Church architecture -- German influence.
Tyng, Stephen H. (Stephen Higginson), 1839-1898.
The images and information provided in this collection may not be reproduced in any form without permission from the Mina Rees Library, The Graduate Center, City University of New York, except for "fair use" as defined by copyright law.
Rights Management 2:
Image courtesy of the Murray Hill Neighborhood Association.
City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.
Mina Rees Library; City University of New York. Graduate School and University Center.