The following allows you to copy segments of DVDs and use the segments for editing purposes. Please observe copyright.
- On the MAC-Mini, launch EyeTV .
- From the Controls menu, select <Composite Video Input>.
- Using the JVC DVD/VHS remote control:
- Select <DVD>
- Insert, then cue to the segment of DVD to be recorded.
- Return to EyeTV select Help => iPod Assistant.
5. Enter the Title of the segment/movie that you are going to digitize.
6. Select the approximate duration of your segment/source, click <Continue>.
7. When your video appears, click <Continue>.
8. When you hear sound through your headphones, click <Continue>.
9. To start recording, click the <Red> button.
10. Begin playing DVD.
11. When you have copied your segment, click <Stop Recording>, and then click <Continue>.
12. Your video will be exported to iTunes (which may take a while), click Finish.
13. Your new MPEG-4 video file will appear in the All Movies Directory on the desktop.
14. To copy your MPEG-4 video file, insert your flash drive into the USB port on the back of the MAC-Mini.
15. You also have the option to burn a DVD using Toast or dragging and dropping your video into iTunes and copying onto disk (DVD or CD) (see After Digitizing-Copying Files).