Digitize Tracks or Entire Audio Cassettes
Note: Because the USB Turntable & Tapedeck uses the same driver, only one can be connected to the MAC Mini via the USB port in order for the software to recognize the device. If using the turntable make sure the tapedeck’s USB cable is not connected to the Mac Mini and if using the tapedeck make sure the turntable’s USB cable is not connected to the Mac Mini.
- Insert headphones (available at CIRC desk) into the headphone input jack on the back of the Mac Mini.
- With your GC network <username> and <password> login to the Mac Mini.
- Launch iTunes and make sure that all prompts are clicked through.
- Launch the EZ icon from the dock (if not present, look in the Finder=>Applications folder).
- The EZ Audio Converter software will appear.
- Turn the power on the tape-deck or turntable.
- Insert your audio cassette or place LP on the platter.
- In the EZ Audio Converter software window, click on the <Next> button.
- Cue up the cassette using the fast forward and or rewind buttons. Push the <Play> and <Pause> buttons of the tape-deck to cue to the beginning of the segments you want to digitize. -or- Cue up track on the LP.
- Click on the red <Record> button in the EZ Audio Converter software window and then click the <Pause> button of the tape-deck. Your digitization has begun.
- When you have finished recording, click the <Next> button in the EZ Audio Converter software window and then click the <Stop> or <Pause> button
- Once you have finished recording, please enter the Artist, Album & Track titles in the Tag Your Tracks Window of the EZ Audio Converter software.
- When finished cataloging.tagging your work, click the <Next> button of the <Next>button of the EZ Audio Converter software. The software will export your recording to iTunes.
- Repeat as necessary.
- Use iTunes to export to CD/DVD or flash drive.