Adobe Connect allows Mina Rees (GC) Librarians to remote access your desktop to help you troubleshoot technical issues. Remote desktop connections work best over an ethernet or fast wireless connection.
Use the following as a rough guide to enter the Adobe Connect environment.
1. A librarian will email you a meeting invitation URL which will look something like this:
Please join me in an Adobe Connect Meeting.
Meeting Name: New Meeting
Invited By: Mina Rees Librarian (firstname.lastname@example.org)
When: 4/03/2012 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Time Zone: (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US and Canada); Tijuana
To join the meeting:
2. Click on the URL link under the “To join the meeting” line.
3. Your browser will present the following window.
Logging on to Connect Environment
4. Click on Enter as a Guest radio button.
5. Enter your name in the Name field.
6. Click <Enter Room> button.
7. Once the librarian accepts your request to join the meeting you will be presented with a window that allows the librarian to share your desktop.
Starting Screen Sharing
8. Select <Share My Screen> from the dropdown menu.
9. You will be presented with a prompt asking you if you want to share your entire Desktop, Applications or Windows. Also, if you have more than one monitor display, the prompt will ask you which monitors you would like to share. These decisions are up to you, however selecting <Desktop> makes for the easiest session. After selecting your sharing preferences , click <Share> button.
10. Then you will be presented, in the upper right hand corner, a <Request for Screen Control>, please click <Accept>.
9. You have the option at anytime to stop sharing my simply selecting <Stop Sharing> from the dropdown menu in the Adobe Connect environment.