Fair Use for Non-Fiction Authors
November 18 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
This workshop is designed for nonfiction authors of all types — including historians, biographers, scientists, and scholars of literature, theatre, art, and music — who want to know more about using copyrighted materials. The workshop will help researchers who want to do things such as:
- Include song lyrics in a paper discussing musical trends
- Quote from a novel to analyze the author’s use of metaphors in a work of literary criticism
- Incorporate a photograph in an article about the photographer’s use of light and shadow
- Use a chart in a scientific paper critiquing a researcher’s methodology and findings
- Quote from unpublished letters in a biography or memoir
Join us to review principles and limitations of fair use for common situations nonfiction authors face when incorporating copyrighted works into their writings.
Click here to sign up! The Zoom link will be emailed to you.