- This event has passed.
Scholarly Communication Drop-In Session
December 9, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Do you have questions related to scholarly publishing or scholarly communication more generally? Drop in to chat with librarian Jill Cirasella about any of the following:
- Citations to and from publications
- Research metrics (Journal Impact Factor, h-index, altmetrics, etc.)
- Fake/predatory journals, conferences, and book publishers
- Finding publicly accessible versions of articles
- Making your work publicly accessible (without paying fees!)
- CUNY Academic Works and other open access repositories
- Academia.edu / ResearchGate (what’s good, what’s bad, what’s ugly)
- Claiming your ORCID iD and/or Google Scholar Profile
- Article publication contracts
- Book publication contracts
- Copyright or fair use
- Creative Commons licenses
…or anything else pertaining to scholarly communication that you’re curious or confused about!
Advance registration is not required, but you must fill out the registration form to enter the session. If another student is being assisted, you may be asked to wait in the “waiting room.”
Have questions but can’t make the drop-in session? Email Jill Cirasella at email@example.com to discuss over email or set up a one-on-one consultation.