- This event has passed.
Understanding and Negotiating Book Publication Contracts
November 11, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Do you want to publish a book? Do you want to understand the basics of copyright law, negotiation, and publication contract terms before you agree to a book deal with a publisher? If so, this workshop is for you!
The workshop will cover the clauses that frequently appear in publication contracts, explain in plain language what these terms mean, and present strategies for negotiating “author-friendly” versions of these clauses. We’ll also cover:
– Copyright basics for academic authors;
– Contract and negotiation fundamentals;
– Pros and cons of assigning and licensing your copyrights;
– Your obligations to your publisher;
– Responsibilities of authors and publishers in preparing, designing, and marketing a book; and
– Options for ensuring your book is available to readers after its commercial life is over.
When you understand and negotiate your book contract, you can maximize your creative, scholarly, and pragmatic goals for your work. Join us to learn more!
Click here to sign up! The Zoom link will be emailed to you.