- This event has passed.
Understanding and Negotiating Book Publication Contracts (online)
March 31, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Do you want to publish a book? Do you want to understand the basics of copyright law, negotiation, and publication contract terms before you agree to a book deal with a publisher? If so, this workshop is for you!
The workshop will cover the clauses that frequently appear in publication contracts, explain in plain language what these terms mean, and present strategies for negotiating “author-friendly” versions of these clauses. We’ll also cover:
- Copyright basics for academic authors;
- Contract and negotiation fundamentals;
- Pros and cons of assigning and licensing your copyrights;
- Your obligations to your publisher;
- Responsibilities of authors and publishers in preparing, designing, and marketing a book; and
- Options for ensuring your book is available to readers after its commercial life is over.
When you understand and negotiate your book contract, you can maximize your creative, scholarly, and pragmatic goals for your work. Join us to learn more!
This workshop will be offered as a webinar on WebEx. Register here.