Your 14-digit library barcode number appears on back of your Graduate Center or other CUNY ID card. (On GC ID cards, the barcode begins with 21241.) If you do not have a barcode on your ID card, ask for one at the Circulation Desk. Enter your library barcode number (without any spaces) to log in to these tools:
- OneSearch: Sign in to OneSearch to set preferences, save items, create alerts, and see results from additional databases (including Web of Science and ProQuest databases). Go to your account to check fines, view and renew checked-out items, and request books from other CUNY campuses. If you encounter problems renewing in OneSearch, you may renew Graduate Center materials (not items from other CUNY libraries) using the Renew Items form. Contact the Circulation Desk at (212) 817-7083 or email@example.com with questions or problems.
- Classic CUNY Catalog: As with OneSearch, you can log in to check fines, view and renew checked-out items, and request books from other CUNY campuses.
- Off-Campus Access to CUNY-wide Databases: The best way to access databases and journals from off campus is to use the Graduate Center Library website and, when prompted, log in with your GC network account. However, some databases (those acquired centrally for all of CUNY, which are just a subset of the GC’s databases) can also be accessed with your library barcode via the CUNY E-Resources page.
GC Network Accounts & Off-Campus Database Access
GC Network Accounts: Use your Graduate Center network username and password to log in to computers at the GC. Also use your network account credentials to access library databases and journals from off campus.
Network Account Password Problems? Use the Password Reset tool to reset your password and/or unlock your account. Contact IT Services at firstname.lastname@example.org with any inquiries.
The Graduate Center offers two email systems:
- Microsoft Exchange/Outlook Web Access (for faculty and staff): Log in to your gc.cuny.edu email account with your GC network username and password.
- Office 365 (for students): Graduate Center students now use Office 365 for their email and have gradcenter.cuny.edu addresses. Learn about Office 365.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
Interlibrary Loan (ILL): Log in with your Graduate Center network username and password to request books from libraries outside CUNY, as well as articles and book chapters not available at the Graduate Center Library.
Library Database Accounts
Library Database Accounts: Some library databases (e.g., JSTOR, Scopus, EBSCO databases) allow users to create free personal accounts in which they can view their search history, save citations, create alerts, etc. In general, users create these accounts with usernames and passwords of their choosing.
CUNY Academic Works
CUNY Academic Works is CUNY’s open access institutional repository. You are welcome to create an account and submit your scholarly and/or creative works to the Graduate Center section of Academic Works if you are a current member of the Graduate Center faculty or professional staff or if you are a Graduate Center graduate student.
GC Portal: Access a wide variety of online Graduate Center services, including Banner, Blackboard, the password reset tool, and IT Services’ self-service system.
CUNY Portal & CUNY Virtual Desktop
CUNY Portal: Access CUNY services such as CUNY eMall (for discounted software and more) and CUNY A!ert.
CUNY Virtual Desktop (requires CUNYfirst account): Remotely access various software packages (SPSS, SAS, Mathematica, Maplesoft, Matlab). Note: All GC faculty and staff have CUNYfirst accounts, and most but not all GC students do. Only those GC students who have taught at CUNY, served as Teaching Fellows, or otherwise worked for CUNY (in a position other than work-study) have CUNYfirst accounts.
CUNYfirst: Log in with your unique CUNYfirst ID to access finance, student administration, and human resources tools.
CUNY Academic Commons
CUNY Academic Commons: A collaborative, social space for CUNY faculty and graduate students built on the WordPress platform. Sign up with your GC email address to create a profile, join or create groups, or host a blog.
OpenCUNY: A student-run, open-source “participatory digital medium” built on the WordPress platform for Graduate Center students. Sign up with your Graduate Center email address to get started with your own website.